Tilapia puttu (steamed tilapia crumbles) / ney meen puttu
I love fish. It's always a big yes for fish fries any time. A simple rasam rice and fish puttu or fish fry is an unbeatable delicious combo. We usually make sura puttu at home ( steamed shark crumbles) which are very tasty and common South Indian dish. Cut shark pieces are usually steam cooked in idli cooker or pressure cooker. shred the cooked shark meat. finally, fry the meat with spices and onions in a pan. Since i am the only non vegetarian at home, i don't like to cook non vegetarian dishes elaborately. Hence i usually buy small and easy to cook fish like tilapia or prawns.
chopped big Onions 1 no
Curry leaves few
fennel seeds 2tsp
turmeric powder 1tsp
green chilli 1
red chilli 1
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
shredded coconut 1tbsp
salt to taste
olive oil 1tbsp
- clean Tilapia pieces in some vinegar or lime juice and water thoroughly.
- Cook tilapia pieces in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Shred tilapia pieces into nice crumbles.
- Heat oil in a pan. fry some mustard seeds, fennel seeds, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Add chopped onions and fry well.
- Fry some ginger garlic paste along with green and red chillies. Add salt to taste.
- Add shredded tilapia fish into it and fry well for about 5 minutes. Finally add some coconut shreds to it before removing from the stove.
- Serve tilapia puttu with rice and spicy rasam:)