Dry Fruits Ladoo
This is such a simple and healthy yet a delicious dish. I had seen dry fruit ladoos in sweet shops but I was not so fond of it until my friend's mom packed me some delicious handmade ladoos all the way from Hyderabad. During that time, I was pregnant with my daughter and I had a huge cravings for almost anything called food. Since I am someone who is not a big fan of over powering sugars, I fell in love with the mild sweet from the dates and the crunchy goodness of the mixed nuts. And I really would like to take a moment to thank my friend's mom for her kindness and thoughtfulness. It was so yummy and delicious.
And Thus dry fruits ladoos climbed up to the top most place in my food bucket list.I have already made it a couple of times and turned out to be good each and every time. It's not a time consuming dish. And all the more, it's a guaranteed healthy snack for the weight watchers. It has a good shelf life when stored in an air tight container for about a month.
Chopped Nuts work fine for this recipe. If you tend to blend the nuts in a blender, nuts will be powdered, so avoid blending. Nut chopper will work great or try chopping with a knife . Best way is to buy chopped nuts. I bought chopped nuts. Also, Pulse the dates in a blender for one or two seconds. Do not make it into a paste.
- Chopped almonds 1/4 cup
- Chopped pistachios 1/4cup
- Chopped cashews 1/4cup
- Raisins 3tbsp
- Dates 1cup
- cardamom powder 1tsp
- Ghee/ Clarified butter 1tbsp
- Heat a pan with a tbsp of ghee and add raisins and saute for few seconds. add all the chopped nuts and roast it for 2 minutes. do not make it brown. Roast it to heat the nuts and to get the crunchiness and nutty flavor. Add in cardamom powder. Cook in medium flame.
- Put the pulsed dates and stir it occasionally for another 2 minutes.
- Put of the stove and transfer the contents to a large plate and start making the ladoo balls immediately.
- Dry fruits and dates can be made into small lemon size balls when the contents are hot. Cooling the mixture will be difficult to make perfect ladoos.
- I am sure this is an addictive snack, pop the dry fruit ladoos in your mouth whenever you pass by the kitchen.