Tomato fusilli pasta with herbs
After thinking for a while, i decided to make tomato pasta without the tanginess of tomatoes. i made a simple delicious pasta dish with bell peppers, beans and carrot simmered in rich tomato puree. This came out really well. cooking tomato puree for an extra time helped to get rid of the natural tanginess of tomatoes :-)
- Fusilli pasta 2cups
- carrot 1 sliced into strips
- chopped french beans 5 nos
- red bell peppers 1/4cup
- green bell peppers 1/4cup
- sliced onion 1/2 cup
- chopped garlic 1tbsp
- tomato puree 1-1/2cup
- basil leaves 1tsp
- oregano powder 1tsp
- olive oil 2tbsp
- Cook the pasta as per instructions in the pack.
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a pan and saute onions, garlics, carrots, beans and bell peppers.
- Add salt and tomato puree. allow this to boil for about 5-6 minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- mix in the cooked pasta to it and sprinkle basil leaves and oregano powder. saute well.
- serve it hot:)