vegetable cutlet




The very thought of a Vegetable cutlet reminds me of my college days when I used to spend most of my time at Latha's place. Latha's mom is an awesome cook. I happened to visit her house once on a special event. I directly headed into the kitchen sniffing about the wonderful aroma that was emanating from the kitchen. I saw about 3o cutlets each of equal size, and shape arranged beautifully on a huge plate. For a few morments, I could not take my eyes off of it. I learnt the recipe from her and over a period of time, I learnt to make tasty cutlets with consistent shape and size.


Ingredients

  • Potatoes 3 large nos
  • carrot 2 nos chopped
  • beans 10 nos chopped
  • beetroot 1 small chopped
  • green peas 1 hand full
  • Mustards 1tsp
  • cumin seeds 1tsp
  • fennel seeds 1tsp
  • garam masala powder 1/2tbsp
  • ginger-garlic paste 1tbsp
  • Onion 1 large, finely chopped
  • Coriander powder 1 tbsp
  • Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
  • green chillies 2nos, finely chopped
  • bread crumbs 2 cups
  • maida flour 3tbsp in water
  • canola oil 250ml
Method
  • Boil all the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, beans, beets, peas) in a pressure cooker.
  • remove the peeled potatoes from the water as soon as it is cooked, so that it could be prevented from absorbing water
  • mash the potatoes and keep it aside
  • squeeze the boiled vegetables (carrots, beans, peas and beets) in a muslin cloth to drain the excess water
  • heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan
  • add mustards, cumin seeds, fennel seeds to it.
  • add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
  • saute the chopped onions and green chillies in it.
  • now, you can add garam masala, coriander powder and red chilli powder and fry it well.
  • add the squeezed vegetables to this mixture
  • add salt to taste
  • saute it well
  • Now, add this vegetable mixture into mashed potato and mix it well.
  • Make this into small dumplings of desired shape.
  • heat oil in a kadai or a shallow pan
  • now dip the vegetable dumpling in maida and then immediately dust with bread crumbs and deep fry in oil till it turns brown
  • serve hot with tomato sauce

Comments

Popular Posts