Keerai Pal Masiyal / Mashed spinach & milk soup
Onion 1 finely chopped
tomato 1 small
garlic 4 pods
green chillies 2
cumin seeds 1tsp
salt to taste
coconut oil 2tbsp
- Wash the spinach and drain the water completely.
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai and splutter some mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add garlic, green chillies and chopped tomato and fry well.
- Add spinach along with salt to taste. fry well. add very little water as greens will leave out some water when cooked. cook well for 10 minutes. switch off the stove and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Now grind the cooked spinach in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of milk to the ground spinach masiyal and mix well.
- Keerai pal masiyal goes well with rice:)