kalakand is a very popular Indian milk sweet. This sweet is usually prepared with Indian cottage cheese (paneer). I made this kalakand with Ricotta cheese which is similar to Desi Paneer. I also added some cocoa powder to make chocolate kalakand. i used broken pistachios and almonds to garnish the sweet. delicious sweet.. hope you will like it.
- Ricotta cheese 1 small tubs
- sweetened condensed milk 1 tin
- cardamom powder 1tbsp
- chopped almonds 1/2 cup
- chopped pistachios 1/2cup
- ghee 1tbsp
- cocoa powder 2tbsp (for chocolate kalakand)
- heat a large non stick sauce pan with ricotta cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- keep stirring it with a laddle for about 5 minutes.
- add cardamom powder to it.
- stir it for another 1o minutes till you find a thick mass of granular kalakand mixture.
- grease a plate with ghee and spread the granular kalakand mass over it. garnish it with chopped nuts. and allow it to set for about 30 minutes.
- if you find the kalakand mixture to be watery , then refrigerate it for 45 minutes.
- cut the kalakand into small squares. serve and enjoy :)
For the chocolate kalakand, add 2tbsp cocoa powder to the ricotta cheese and sweetened condensed milk.