green peas, corn pulao with bell peppers
Green peas corn pulao is just a simple dish but tastes really great. It is always better to use veggies in smaller quantity in any pulao. More veggies would spoil the goodness of other ingredients in pulao. I have cooked the rice in exotic whole garam masala with peas, corns and bell peppers as an added flavor.
- Basmathi rice 1-1/2cup ( soaked in water for about 30 minutes)
- sliced onion 1 medium size
- green peas 1/2cup (soaked overnight)
- frozen corn kernels 1/2cup
- Red bell pepper 1/4cup thin slices
- green bell pepper 1/4cup thin slices
- green chillies 4 nos slit lengthwise
- ginger garlic paste 1-1/2tbsp
- cashew nuts 8nos
- cloves 2
- bay leaves 2
- fennel seeds 1tsp
- cumin seeds 1tsp
- cardamoms 2
- cinnamon 1/2inch
- water 2-1/2cup
- coriander leaves few
- salt to taste
- ghee 2tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pressure pan and saute the whole garam masala, and cashew nuts well.
- Add sliced onions and fry till it becomes transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute well. saute green chillies in it.
- Add green peas, corn kernels and bell peppers. Fry well till the raw smell goes off. add salt to taste.
- Now you can add about 2-1/2cup of water. allow the water to boil. add the rice to the boiling water. Add a drop of ghee to it and pressure cook for about one whistle.
- garnish it with coriander leaves and serve:)