I used button mushrooms to make this dish. This dish can be directly eaten with rice and also as a side dish with rasam sadam. You should always be cautious while choosing good mushrooms. Try to avoid mushrooms which have black spots. Generally, i don't like it to be finely chopped as they get cooked fast and the size becomes much more reduced, and you will find it very little on your plate. so, it is always better to cut them into two halves. Do not forget to wash them properly.
- Button mushrooms 500g
- finely chopped onions 1
- tomato chopped 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- Garam masala 1tsp
- coriander powder 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1tbsp
- mint leaves 3 twigs
- coriander leaves a little
- curry leaves few
- canola oil or sunflower oil 4tbsps
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai and then add garam masala to it
- add onions and fry till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, tomato, mint leaves and saute well
- Add coriander powder and red chilli powder till you get the nice aroma.
- Add mushrooms with a half cup water to it the masala mixture. add salt.
- Bring it to boil and leave it for 5 minutes till you get a thick gravy.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or chapathi.