Mint rice / Pudina pulao
Mint rice is a good lunch box menu. There are few dishes in my list which i used to cook when i feel lazy and have completely no strength in my body. But this time, i had a lot of mint leaves at home which i really didn't want to waste. Mint in any form is always refreshing and the flavor of the food is enhanced when mint is added. This mint rice goes well with potato fry.
- Basmathi rice 2cups
- finely chopped onion 1
- mint leaves 2cup
- coriander leaves 1cup
- fennel seeds 1tbsp
- bay leaves 2
- cinnamon 1inch
- cardamom 1
- cloves 2
- green chillies 5 nos
- ginger garlic paste 2tbsp
- coconut shredded 2tbsp
- Roasted cashews 10nos
- canola / sunflower oil 2tbsp
- salt to taste
- soak basmathi rice in water for 20 minutes. then pressure cook it with 3 cups of water. Rice should not stick together.
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, shredded coconut into a thick paste.
- heat oil in a small pan and fry all the spices like bay leaves, fennel seeds, cloves,cardamom, cinnamon.
- add onions to it and fry well. Now, add ginger garlic paste and fry till the pungent odour goes off.
- Add ground mint paste and fry without burning. add salt to it.
- Now, mix this fried paste to the cooked basmathi rice. Mix gently in order to avoid breaking of rice.
- Garnish with roasted cashews.