Vegetable kathi rolls are made with vegetables rolled in wheat wraps. A very easy to make recipe and a very filling one too. This one makes a great snack or tiffin for evenings for everyone. I just love frankies, rolls and wraps. During my college days, my dad used to take me to the nilgiris nest ( a restaurant in coimbatore) in the evenings and buys me a large chicken tikka frankee and sweet ice tea from the shop. He used to take me atleast once in a week without fail. i used to bunk the last hour class just to spend time with my daddy. I miss those days.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry some onions in it. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add all the vegetables, fried paneer and fry well for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chat powder and salt to taste.
- sprinkle some pepper powder and few drops of lemon juice.
- For the wraps, knead the dough with whole wheat flour, maida and salt with required amount of water. Just like how you make parathas, pinch a lemon size ball of dough. dust it with some flour and roll it into regular parathas.
- Heat an iron tawa and place the parathas on it and cook both the sides.
- spread 1tbsp of mint chutney on the paratha and Place 2-3tbsp vegetable filling in the centre of the paratha and sprinkle some raw onions on it and roll the paratha with the vegetables in the centre. Wrap one end of the vegetable kathi roll with aluminium foil.
- Serve it hot:)