Spicy Adai and coriander chutney:)
Bengal gram 3/4 cup
Toor dal 3/4cup
Moong dal 1/4cup
urad dal 1/4cup
idly rice 1/4cup
Raw rice 3/4cup
Red chilli 6 nos
black peppercorns 1tbsp
cumin seeds 1tbsp
fennel seeds 1tbsp
- Soak all the above mentioned ingredients one hour prior to grinding. Grind it coarsely in a grinder or a blender. Add water in small quantities. adai batter should be thick and coarse. The consistency will be like idli batter.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add chopped onion, chopped curry leaves, grated coconut before making adai.
Coriander leaves/ cilantro 2 cups closely packed
green chillies 2no
grated coconut 5tbsp
Roasted gram dal 3tbsp
ginger 1/2 an inch piece
salt to taste olive oil for frying cilantro leaves
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan and fry coriander leaves with green chillies and ginger. Saute well for few minutes.
- Then blend it in a mixer along with coconut, roasted gram dal and salt to taste into a thick paste.
- add some water to dilute it. If you wish, just season the chutney it with mustards and curry leaves.