Masoor Dal Gravy
Hi everyone, I am here with a quick and tasty side dish for rotis. These masoor lentils are so new to me. I came to know about these lentils only after coming to States. We usually eat chapathis for dinner as we always follow strict diet routines at home. Not all days, we can grind onions and spices to make an exotic sabzis. Hence i used to make this gravy when i need to spare time for some other household works. You can also try this simple and spicy gravy at your home:)
Boiled Whole Masoor dal 1-1/2 cup
cumin seeds 1tsp
Chopped onion 1 No
Chopped tomato 2 No
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Green chilli 1
Garam masala 2tsp
Coriander powder 1-1/2tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/2tbsp
kasoori methi 2tsp
coriander leaves few
Olive oil 1tbsp
- Pressure cook masoor dal with 4cups water.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry some mustard seeds in it. Throw in some cumin seeds and fry well.
- Fry some garam masala powder in it. Add coriander powder to it and fry well.
- Add chopped onions and fry well till it turns translucent. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Put chopped tomatoes and required salt and fry till oil separates from the sides. Add red chilli powder and fry well.
- Add boiled masoor dal and cook for five minutes. Add crushed kasoori methi leaves to the boiling gravy.
- Finally add coriander leaves to it and serve with rotis.