Recently, my husband made some yummy mango kesari for the christmas dinner party at home. It was really delicious and about two boxes of kesari just vanished in a day. But about half a tin of mango pulp was seen unused, lying inside the refrigerator and staring at me every time i opened the fridge. At first i thought of making some instant mango milkshake and drinking it on the spot. But i changed my mind. I decided to make a simple mango ice cream at home. To my surprise, it came out so well. The whole process transformed me into a small child. It was so much fun to make ice creams at home with my cute little son. Both of us emptied half of it before it went into the freezer. I never thought that ice cream making would be this easy. I am sure you will try this simple and delicious ice cream recipe at your home:)
- Boil 2cups of milk in a pan. save remaining 1/2cup of milk to be used later.
- Take a small bowl with 8-10tsp pf milk and mixthe custard powder in it without any lumps.
- Add sugar to the boiling milk and add the custard powder mixture to the boiling milk. simmer the stove.
- Keep stirring it to avoid lump formation. Once the mixture starts thickening, remove from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Add 1/2 a cup of milk to the mango pulp and blend it well in a mixer. Add the mango puree to the custard mixture and once again blend it well.
- Transfer it to a freezer proof box and leave it in the freezer for about 3 hours. then take it out and blend it in the mixer thrice at every 1hour interval.
- Serve mango ice cream with pistachios or cherries:)