pazha bajji / banana fritters
I believe all south Indians would have tasted pazha bajji. I love nendran pazham pori. This reminds me of my close friend arthi who is a real huge fan of pazham pori. by the way, i didn't get nendran pazham in my place so i used ordinary bananas to make the fritters.
- Ripe Banana 2 nos (preferably nendran pazham)
- maida flour 1/2 cup
- rice flour 1tbsp
- sugar 2tbsp
- baking soda a pinch
- yellow food color 1 drop
- salt a pinch (optional)
- water 1/2cup
- oil to deep fry
- slit the banana into two halves and slice each halves into thin slices.
- mix all the ingredients except the oil and make a thick batter out of it with water.
- heat oil in a shallow pan or kadai and just dip the banana slices in the batter and deep fry in the hot oil.
- pazha bajji is ready to serve.