Paneer butter masala
I don't suggest this dish for those who are strictly following their calorie chart. usually, this dish is prepared with rich cream for the consistency. I avoid the usage of cream as it is already cooked in butter and cashew paste. Paneer cubes are fried separately and cooked with onion and tomato puree and nicely blended with garam masala, dry fenugreek powder. finally, simmered with thick cashew paste. I have also seen people using a cup of curd which i don't. i always use onion and tomato puree to avoid the raw smell. To make onion puree, blanch the onions in hot boiling water for 5 minutes and grind it into paste.
- cubed Paneer 1 cup
- onions 2 big chopped, blanched, pureed
- tomatoes 2 blanched, peeled & pureed
- ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- garam masala 1tsp
- coriander powder 1tbsp
- red chilli powder 1/2tbsp
- turmeric powder 1 tsp
- green chilli paste 1 tsp
- dry fenugreek powder 1/2tsp (kasoori methi powder)
- cashew nut 2tbsp ( soaked and ground)
- butter 2tbsp
- fresh cream 2tbsp (optional)
- salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the paneer in it and set them side.
- Heat butter in the same pan and add the garam masala, onion puree, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste. saute well.
- add tomato puree and fry well for about 3 minutes till the oil oozes out.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and dry fenugreek powder to it. add a cup of water if you want the gravy in a watery consistency.
- add paneer cubes, cashew paste and salt to taste. cook well in sim for 3 minutes.
- You can add fresh cream at this stage. i din't add cream to it.
- garnish it with coriander leaves.