vegetable fried rice
I like fried rice made in the Indo chinese way. I always like to dine in the best restaurants in the town. When i was in coimbatore, my dad used to take us to the best restaurants in the city, almost seven days a week. The funny part is that in all of those restaurants, almost all the waiters and the shop owners would come and greet us. just because my family members were the regular visitors of all restaurants and ofcourse, great foodies too. Among them, a chinese restaurant named 'Peking' used to make many Fried rice varieties. It is more of Indo chinese style and also tasted the best.
- Basmathi rice ( par boiled) 2 cups
- chopped carrots 2 nos
- chopped beans 100g
- onion sliced 1
- shredded cabbage 1cup
- green bell pepper 1 no
- ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- green chilli sauce 1 tbsp
- spring onions 3nos
- tomato sauce 1tbsp
- soy sauce 2tbsp
- ajinomoto 1tsp
- white pepper 1tsp
- oil to fry 3tbsp
- salt to taste
- Wash and soak basmathi rice for 20 minutes and pressure cook the rice with 3 cups water till the rice becomes tender and should not stick together. do not overcook it.
- Now, add one spoon of oil to the rice and mix it thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan , stir fry sliced onion, ginger garlic paste, carrot, beans, cabbage.
- cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ajinomoto, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, white pepper and salt. mix well.
- Add the cooked rice. mix well throughout.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.